THE VOICE IN THE DRAKNESS REMAKE

THE VOICE IN THE DARKNESS
Quiet. Peaceful. It all stood there glowing in front of her eyes.  A night’s dream stood in front of her. The old, peculiar house of her missing Aunt was true. True as it could ever be. The strange house had yellow lights shining through but one window didn't have yellowness coming out. The house had a broken door, there were many gaps and holes in the walls and roof. Out of the thick and crisp air, a voice whispered "come in dove, I was waiting … for you ". 
"Aunt Cecily? Is it you?" Questioned Aria. The voice of Aunt Cecily spooked Aria out. She still didn't know who the voice was, but she knew it was a woman. "The voice in the darkness? Who are you?". Suddenly, the door of the mansion creaked open. Aria pondered for a minute. She knew she had to figure out who the voice was, whose house this was. As she paced towards the brown broken door, a laceration magically appeared on her cold-blooded hand. Her skin was pale as a ghost. The cut was a deep red eruption: it was erupting in her hand. " Ouch! How did that happen!?" screamed Aria. She desperately tried to find something soft to cover her swollen hand. The voice in the darkness spoke again. "Go find a red box; inside you will find a key to the door in the living room. After you find the box, and open the door your standing next to.  You are the chosen one." 
"Chosen one- For what? NO! Don't go! Reply to me! Don't be rude! Ugh fine I guess… I need to find a red box. Should be easy as pie!"
Scared and anxious, after a few attempts to find the box, Aria stood in the living room confused. " Easy as pie, huh? Ok. Maybe I just need to think." After a few minutes of thinking time, she set out again. She looked everywhere but didn't find the box. "Oh!  I know where it is! I haven't checked that chess box upstairs!" Aria was determined to find the box. Now she was not petrified nor worried. She needed company in this boring house so she sang her favorite song ."Taking control of this time of movement, I'm locked and loadeddd , completely focuseddd….." she sang in confidence. When she reached the chess box and opened it, she found another box inside. It wasn't a red box, it wasn't a green box, it was a blue box. "A blue box! Stop kidding! There was no blue box mentioned!  Maybe I should open the box’ As she began opening the box, she heard a tiny squeal inside it.  ‘ Aaah! OMG, no way I am opening this box! Nuh-Uh, it ain’t gonna happen.’ Aria exclaimed. ‘This house is rigged, completely rigged. But now I know that there is no box in there so....where can it be?’ 
‘ All the rooms are illuminated with the warmth of the yellow lights except one.’ the voice announced unexpectedly.  ‘THE ROOM WITH NO LIGHT!, Aria declared and ran to the room on the most south of the house. ‘ why was I such an idiot and didn't look here. All the creepy stories hide their secret in the darkest rooms.’ And there it was. The red box! Aria opened it and found the key. "Now it's time for that magical door! Here I comeeee! " she said as she fled down the grand staircase. When she opened the door the voice told her too, she found a  lady looking straight into her deep brown eyes. "Hello," said the woman, "I am Aunt Cecily, you long lost aunt. I was locked in here for a whole 2 years. Nobody visits me. I have aged in here and gone through some rough and interesting days.   I have no food nor water left, nothing! Thank you, Ar- Aria….for saving me."
"I-i-i ." stammered Aria. ‘i don't know what to say-’ 
 Quiet. Peaceful. Again.

Written by Sharanya sonthalia🕱💀☠


 

Comments

Popular Posts